Об игре |
Зал Славы |
Explanation of the Game Interface
Starmap (main window)
The starmap consists of:
(see symbols reference)
- A top bar with links to various mangement window.
- The current game time located in the bottom-right of the window.
- Informational icons,
such as Bouy, Stargate speed, Strategic Resource, Combat, Repair rate, etc.
- System names
- Bouy text
- Grid lines, representing 1 parsec each
- Grid coordinates, visible at the bottom and left
- To move the starmap: Position the mouse and right-click or press space bar.
The map will center over the mouse position.
- To zoom in/out: Use the mouse-wheel or + and - keys.
- To see your fleet ranges: Hover over a fleet.
- Blue ring means 25% fuel radius.
- Green ring means 33% fuel radius.
- Red ring means 100% fuel radius.
- To see your specific fleet ranges: Hold shift and hover over a fleet.
- To see enemy/allied fleet targets: Hold shift and hover over a fleet.
- To activate planet/star/ship: Left-click on object.
Sample starting map with identification of key map components
Zoom of a system with identification of key map components
Complex, late game starmap with identification of components
The messages window consists of:
Consists of several messaging channels.
- Messages (ingame sends from nearby neighbors)
- Events (events effecting your empire)
- Sent (messages sent to nearby neighbors)
- News Channel (galactic events)
- Public Channel (galaxy chat channel)
- News (announcements by the game admin)
- Public Channel (general chat for all galaxies)
- Q&A Channel (post here to have game questions answered)
- Suggestions (ideas on game changes)
- Issues (post here if you find a bug)
- Green: All ingame messages.
- White: Informative events
- Green: Minor events (structure builds, EMF, etc)
- Yellow: Major events (structure destroyed, combat, etc)
- Red: Critical events (technology, planet colonization/loss, etc)
- Right click an event/news item to locate it's location on the main map or go
to the source planet.
- Message scrolling: Mouse wheel or scrollbar
- When reading a message, always scroll down a fraction if the message
appears to end near the end of the display. Often messages may have part of
them off the screen.
- To sort message lists, click on column headers.
- When sending messages, shift-arrow and
shift-ctrl-arrow will select text for deletion. These are
often very hard to use. This works in most messaging categories.
- There is no copy/paste due to modem download issues (would triple download
- There is at this time no multiple send capability in Messages.
(see Understanding Research,
Structures and Projects,
Ships Systems and Weapons and
The research window consists of:
- Column of started and finished research (finished research items are not
shown by default, toggle at bottom)
- Column of unstarted research
- Column of in-progress research
??? The current diplomacy system is undergoing revision. This item will be added
once the new system is implemented. ???
The construction window consists of:
- The first column is a list of current designs. (max 40 designs)
- You can sort by #, Name, or Class. (Click column header)
- Class information specifies the hull size and the Techlevel of the Hull
(not items on the ship).
- The second column is details of the current design.
- Upgrade button: Allows currently selected ship class to be upgrade to be
upgraded to another existing design. It will remove any unstarted build
requests for the old design.
- Scrap button: Removes currently selected ship class.
Creating a new ship
- Select either New design or select an existing design and then Dupl. design.
- Select the Hull size and Control unit for the ship.
- Add and remove items from your ship design.
- Current specs are seen to the right.
- A ship is considered a Civilian ship if it contains no weapons (Cannon, EM,
SS, Torpedo, Bomb)
- Essential components of a ship: Drives (FTL), Weapons, Scanners, Defenses.
- Ship technologies: Ships Systems and Weapons
- Press Construct to create selected ship. Or you can choose not to build the
- Note: Hull size and ship speed directly effects Attack and
The planets and fleets windows consists of:
- Specifies all details of known systems.
- At bottom, you can specify what types of planets/fleets can be displayed.
- Many sortable columns. Click the column header to sort by the column.
- Left click a planet/fleet to go to it.
- Right click a planet/fleet to highlight the system in the main map.
- Tip: For most empires using, the Planet panel "Tot.ETC"
column is very useful for setting daily builds and making sure all planets are
The overview window consists of:
Detailed information on empire statistics including:
- Strategic resources in reserve (mined weekly from planets with strategic
resources). If you own not strat resources, this will not be shown.
- Statistics on population, gov power, production, research, and military.
- Production specifics.
- Research specifics.
- Fleet specifics including current Upgrade Ships CP pool.
The problems window consists of:
- Specific potential problems in your systems. Generally this is only useful
when looking to see if any systems need fixing. If you keep on top of your
systems regularly, this dialogue is generally not needed.
Menu opens into the following options:
- Statistics: Links to your current galaxy statistics page.
- Resign: Resign current game.
- Options: Some basic game options such as display size.
- Quit: Exit client (always use this method of exiting when
you can - next time you start will go faster if you do).
(Accessed by clicking on a specific ship/fleet or via the Fleets dialogue)
The fleet specifics window consists of:
- List of ships in fleet.
- Data on currently selected ship in fleet (selected from ship list).
- Speed and scanner signature of current fleet (signature is between
1 and 100).
- Current commands for fleet. Currently active command is higlighted with a
">" and commands progress down the list. To add a new command, press
- Split fleet button.
The New Command window
- This shows a version of the starmap.
- Select a planet or system to go to for movement. If you wish to "Deploy"
a colony ship, you must select a specific planet.
- When finished setting next order, press Order.
The Split Fleet window
- Note: Using in combat will render your fleet unable to
fire for 3 combat rounds.
- Displays sortable and groupable list of two fleets. Selecting a ship/group
will move ship/group to opposite fleet.
- Note the fuel of each fleet and insure that you have enough to get to a
- Fleets will automatically recombine when they are in the same system with
no active orders.
(Accessed by clicking on a specific system or planet, or via the Planets
The system/planet specifics window consists of:
- A display of the star and all planets in the system in a graphical format.
- A detailed set of data on the currently selected object (star or planet).
- There is a list of all planets in the system in text format, and totals for
Energy, Food, CP, and RP output.
- There is a Rename button for renaming your systems.
- There is a Redirect button for ordering redirects
(opens a window similar to the starmap). Select a target or select
"Redirect Off" to set redirects.
Will display detailed statistics on the specific planet.
Note: Hovering over data often gives more detailed info in the
- Planet type: See symbols
for terraforming limits.
- Environment, Energy Abundance, Mineral Abundance: Current
environment (effects output of some structures).
- Available Space: Currently available and total slots to
build on planet surface. Note: This number can be negative
under rare circumstances. If it is and you destroy a structure, you will not be
able to rebuild the structure.
- Diameter: Planet size. Diameter/1000 is the maximum
available slots with Habitable Surface Expansion.
- Population: Current population (hover gives population
- Population Support: Current requirements to support 1000
units of population (hover for specifics)
- Biomatter: Current food reservers (hover for change)
- Energy: Current energy reserves (hover for change)
- Free Workers: Workers available to staff any newly built
- Morale: Current planet morale (Hover for change and target
- Construction pts: Current output/Raw production (hover for
details on bonus/penalty to production)
- Research pts: Current output/Raw research (hover for
details on bonus/penalty to research)
- Env status: Percent of distance from current Environment
level to next Environment level. Red indicates value is decreasing.
- Strat resource: Indicates what, if any, strategic resource
is at this planet.
- Clicking on a Built Structure brings up details on this
structure, showing it's output, HPs, and workers employed.
- Pressing On/Off toggles use of structure (off structures
free up workers)
- Demolish destroys structure.
- Clicking existing Queue item brings up details on it's build. You can abort
a build this way or change build order.
- Clicking an empty slot adds an item to the Queue.
- Select structure, ship, or project to build.
- If structure or project, select target planet (if different then the one
you are building it on) - this will double it's cost.
- Enter number of times you want this to be built. Default is one time.
- If you want to be notified in "Messages: Events" that the task has been
completed, select report finalization (if you select multiple builds, each
build will be reported).
- Maxinum number of tasks is 10. If you change the Quantity number, it will
still count as one task.
- To build on a planet you don't own, you must first establish a colony.
Building an outpost onto that planet will do this. No other structures will
create a colony.
- See Technology Tree
Об игре |
Зал Славы |